This is a fun, easy activity to do with children, especially those who love animals. By using various different materials inside, you can make it a great Sensory/touch and feel Activity and toy.
Apart from cutting the box, children can do most of this acitvity themselves and get the added benefit of playing with it afterwards! Oh and did I mention you can fold it up afterwards!!?
What do you need?
- A box (shoe box/baby wipe box/similiar)
- Range of different paper/card (to add to the sensory experience) e.g Tissue paper, corregated card/similiar, coloured paper. (We used a selection from Big Bag of Craft by )
- Toy animals
How do you make it?
- Cut open the box down the middle using scissors,so the box can open outwards and close back up.
- Glue tissue paper, card etc onto the walls and floor of the box to create different places for the toy animals to ‘live’
- Create an ‘outdoor space’ by using tissue paper to look like the sky. Use a piece of card for the base, fold it in the middle so that when you want to close the box it folds inwards.
- Add your animals and play!
We weren’t accurate (at all!!) with our habitats and which animals would live with which…but we had lots of fun!
Categories: activity, Imaginative Play Activity, Kids Craft, sensory, Uncategorized
1 reply »