What do you need?
- Paints (we used ArtWorks Poster Paints from The Works)
- Zip lock bags
What do you do?
- Put two large blobs of different coloured paints inside the bag (ideally at far ends from one another)
- Zip lock the bag
- Secure with sellotape.
I love this activity for many reasons:
- It’s a wonderful sensory experience for children. Pressing, squishing and mixing the paints with their fingers and hands.
- It’s different! In my experience, children enjoy it because it’s unlike other activities they’ve done with paints.
- In my opinion, it’s great for children who don’t like paint touching their skin, children with eczema on their hands or children who you’re concerned may put paint in their mouth.
- It’s mess free!
- Visually, it looks really interesting watching the paints mix together.
- Children can learn about colours and how to mix new colours.