Today’s Christmas Themed activity is making home made pretend snow, we last made it back in February and here’s the blog post of how to make your own…
We were disappointed with the lack of snow in our garden today
…so decided to make our own! A fab sensory/messy play activity for children.
Easy and hands on for children to make and extremely calming and therapeutic to play with! It’s consistency is a bit like kinetic sand, you can squeeze it to make it like play dough but still sprinkle it like sand.
What do you need?
- 8 cups of Flour (corn flour is best)
- 1 cup of Oil (we used veg oil but I’ve heard of people using baby oil)
(Ooh and a change of clothes and a vacuum…it’s very messy!!)
What do you do?
- Mix the flour and oil together
- Empty into a tuff tray/container
- Let them play!
Extend their learning..
- Why not use it as a way of learning to form letters of the alphabet (see my other sensory alphabet suggestions here)
Categories: Christmas Activities, Parenting
Didn’t know snow was so easy to make! Will definitely have a go.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Really is, have fun! Thanks for the comment