Here’s a fun craft to keep little ones entertained. It’s also a lovely one for helping them practise their scissor skills and fine motor skills. *
What do you need?
- Paper/plastic cup
- Googly eyes
- Wool/pipe cleaners
- Felt tip pens
How do you make it?
- Draw a nose and mouth on the paper cup
- Stick on the googly eyes with glue
- Cut some wool/pipe cleaners and glue on as whiskers
- Draw two ears, colour their centre in pink and stick onto the top of the cup.
If your kids aren’t into rabbits then here’s our Dino version
What can children learn from this craft?
- Develop their scissor skills– cutting out the ears and the wool. The ears in particular require children to use their hand eye coordination to follow the line with their scissors carefully*
- Practise fine motor skills– all the sticking and drawing, especially on a raised uneven surface, helps children to develop their fine motor skills. For more information on this please read our post here
*As with all our recommended activities and crafts we accept no responsibility for the safety of them. It is your responsibility to risk assess any activity you carry out based on the children/adults in your care.