We’ve been trialling a fantastic, creative, colouring set for children this week called Carddies.
We chose the Farm Set and Family 1 Set, but there were many exciting Carddies boxes to choose from including Cave Men & Sports.
- Portable – The packs are small enough to easily put in a bag to take along to cafes or on long journeys. Great for keeping kids occupied without taking up too much room. We loved that they (unlike many colouring books) came complete with crayons.
- Promote Imaginative Play- The Carddies Packs are fabulous for promoting imaginative play– which is important for helping children make sense of our world. Children can set their scene by colouring the back-drop and people and then play with the characters. We particularly enjoyed imagining going to the farm with our Farm Set.
- Fine Motor Skills- Colouring the characters and back-drop aswell as moving the people around all involves the development of fine motor skills which are imperative skills for learning to write, do up buttons, use a knife and fork etc.
- Multifunctional- The Carddies packs have a number of uses. You can colour them in and play with the pieces. Some of the sets may also be useful for helping children prepare for new situations for example starting School. By playing imaginatively with the School set before starting school, children learn the basics of the school routine. This may help children who find new experiences stressful and challenging.
- Pictures. We found that the beautiful hand-drawn pictures really attracted children to engage in the activity.
- New family Set Coming Soon- I was delighted to discover that there is a new family set coming soon which is designed to cater for the many family permutations of today (whether foster/adoptive parents, straight couples, same sex, single parents etc). This will be great for normalising family situations and helping children realise how special ALL families are.
Buy from Amazon here: