This weekend me and my family have been wishing for rain! This is because we had our kids brand new Dry Kids Waterproofs to try out.
I’m a tutor for children with Special Educational Needs (www.cheshiresentutor.com) and a mum of two. I’m also a big fan of outdoor play and learning. I was therefore delighted to see the huge range of outdoor wear by Dry Kids that enable children to play and learn outside even when the weathers wet.
What did we like about them?
- Easy to Put on and Take off. These waterproofs are practical in so many ways with good quality zips. Firstly, the ‘All in One Rainsuit’ has a zip that goes all the way down to one foot, allowing you to easily get a baby/toddler out. As any parent of a wriggly one year old will know- this is a must! Secondly, the Jacket and Trouser Set’ are easy for a pre-schooler to take off themselves- which is important for potty training and encouraging independence.
- Visibility. I love bright coloured outdoor clothes on kids as it means you can spot them easily in parks and out and about! (If it was completely up to me, my kids would probably be wearing bright, yellow, hi -visibility jackets!) Wearing bright coloured coats also means other people can spot them. This makes them safer near roads and in car parks. Dry Kids have a good range of bright coloured rainwear with reflective strips on the back of the Jackets to further ensure visibility and safety.
- Stayed Dry! Sounds obvious for a waterproof, but you may be surprised that not all waterproofs keep little ones completely dry. These ones by Dry Kids, were fab- no one (apart from me!) got wet, even in the rain and with a hose pipe! The hood wraps round their chins and is elasticated round the top to further help keep them dry.
- Warm- The sizing is generous so that you can fit lots of layers under the waterproofs. This is brilliant for those days when you are unsure on what clothes to put your child in (which if you’re anything like me, is most days!!)
- Kids liked them- I’ll be honest and say for me this is by far the most important factor- as if my children don’t like wearing something…they won’t wear it! And wrestling two under 4s into outdoor wear is not enjoyable! But thankfully, my kids loved wearing them and my eldest could tell us that they were comfortable. In his words the Jacket and Trouser set is ‘brilliant’.