Here’s a lovely craft to make you’re very own kaleidoscope, which makes a fab sensory resource. We made our ‘under the sea’ themed to match this weeks theme. I’ve my mum to thanks for this fantastic craft idea!
What do you need?
- Pringles/other tube
1. Draw your under the sea picture on some paper and stick to then outside of the Pringles tube.
2. Cut out some card, fold into three, cover in foil and slide into the Pringles tube (you’ll need to do a bit of trial and error to make it fit, it needs to be the same length as the tube)
3. Colour the transparent lid of the Pringles tube and stick on sequins. Put the lid on.
4. Make a small hole (adult only do this carefully) using a nail and hammer, in the other end of the tube to the lid. This will the eye hole!
5. Look through your kaleidoscope, twist the lid with one hand to change the image. You should see the sequins and colours reflecting on the foil!
*As with all activities on this site, we accept no responsibility for harm, injury, damage etc. Please risk assess yourself.
Categories: Parenting, SEN Resources Summer, Week 3 Under the Sea