These are really tasty, dairy-free, snack sized, treats that are also great fun for kids to make (with help from a grown up!)
What do you need?
- 3 eggs
- 115g Dairy Free Spread (we use ‘Pure Sunflower’ Spread)
- 115g Caster Sugar
- 115g Self Raising Flour
- A drop of Vanilla Essence
- Silicon Cake Pop Moulds and Cake Pop Sticks (ours are from Hobbycraft and they are really easy to use, don’t stick and easy to clean )
- Icing Sugar
- Green Food colouring
- Hundreds and Thousands
- Set the oven to around 180 degrees Celsius (fan assisted)
- Grease the cake pop moulds using diary free spread.
- Put all main ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Put one teaspoon of mixture into the moulds, put the lid on and place in the oven. (We found that this amount meant they stayed in just one half of the cake pop mould making them a great shape for each part of the Christmas tree.
- Cook for around 20 mins (check cooked all the way through)
- Put 3 of the half sized cake pops onto each cake pop stick.
- Once cooled, mix the food colouring, icing sugar and a drop over water together to make green icing.
- Let the kids enjoy dipping them in the icing and covering them.
- Sprinkle them with hundreds and thousands
- Put them upright in the fridge to set (we made holes in a finished kitchen roll Tube as a stand)