We’ve been reading PC Charlie and the Runaway Horses for our Bed Time Story this evening. An exciting, educational, children’s picture book for ages 2-6.
- Educational: Being a tutor for children with Special Educational Needs (www.cheshiresentutor.com) I love it when story books are also educational. This one teaches the importance of the police and the fundamental role they play in society.
- Illustrations- the illustrations by Jessica Price are lovely. Full of detail and fun. My kids particularly liked the eyes drawn on the police car!
- Unique– I realised when reading this to my children that this is the first book I’ve ever read to them about the Police. As a result my toddler was full of questions about the police and what they do.
- Important message: I particularly love that this book encourages children to say ‘hello’ to Police officers if they see one and explains how if you need help, you can talk to them. So important, as often children are intimidated by people in uniform.
- Exciting (but not scary!) story! The story of escaping horses onto the road is exciting for children but not at all scary and perfectly pitched for the age group it’s written for.
Leave a Reply