I’ve been reading How LEGO®-Based Therapy for Autism Works: Landing on My Planet by Daniel B. LeGoff this week. A book that explains Lego® therapy and it’s benefits, through interesting case study examples.
What did I like about it?
- Enthralling– It honestly didn’t feel like I was reading an educational book, it’s written so beautifully that its almost like reading a novel. I was enthralled with the case studies that give examples of children taking part in the therapy. Daniel LeGoff has a wonderful way of re-telling his sessions-that makes you feel like you’re there in his office wth him from the moment the child starts their therapy.
- Down to Earth– Daniel LeGoff comes across as very down to earth. For example in the introduction he writes that the Lego® therapy “…was a treatment developed by the children themselves. I wouldn’t even call myself a facilitator, except that I paid for the LEGO..”
- Interesting Topic– I had heard a little about Lego® based therapy before reading this but I was keen to find out more. This book explains the reasoning behind the therapy well and is a fascinating read.
- Supported by Case Studies– I loved that this book was heavily supported by it’s large number of case studies; that form an integral part of the book. It makes the book relatable and real.
- Informal Style– I just admit I was a bit daunted when I first picked up this book by the number of pages! With a young family, free time to sit and read isnt something I have much of. However, it’s written in such an informal, conversational way that it’s easy to read.
Buy it on Amazon (click on the picture below to be redirected to Amazon)