Here’s some further info and instructions for some of the activities above:
- How to make a pretend Volcano- video and instructions – This is a really fun and easy activity to do with the kids. Have a read to find out what you’ll need to make them and how to do it safely.
How to Make a Toy Parachute- Video and Instructions
Here are some other STEM Activities that I’ve filmed
Other STEM Based activities you could try:
- Rainbow Science– Kids will LOVE this. So beautiful and yet easy to set up.
- Car Park Maths– Fun activity to help with either number recognition or addition and subtraction through play.
- Rain Collection Experiment– Easy outdoor investigation for kids.
- Home Made Lava lamps! Perhaps my favourite activity of all time!!
- Taking fingerprints and solving crimes– really fun detective themed activity that’s surprisingly simple to set up.
- Chocolate Powder Craters– Exciting chocolate based science investigation!
- Kale Dye Experiment- Very easy to set up with either celery or kale.
- Construct a bird feeder/house– Fun technology based activity.
- Marbled Paint Planets– Science based craft activity
- Plastic Space Rocket – Exciting STEM based craft activity.
If you’re looking for books for STEM, here’s our favourites
I’ve also got a book out with lots of ideas! Have a look here
If you’ve got some exciting ideas or would like to share what you’ve been up to, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and chat on our Facebook group here
All of this is free, but if you fancy saying thank you with a virtual cup of coffee you can do so here.
Categories: activity, Catch Up On Playing, Parenting, STEM, summer holidays
Leave a Reply