It’s the start of our third week of our Free Online Summer Club (#CatchUpOnPlaying) !!
The theme for this week is ‘STEM‘ and we’d love you to use play this week to learn about science, technology, maths and engineering. We’ve created a list of fun STEM based activities to try, feel free to adapt them to suit your child. (If your child isn’t into this, don’t worry you could adapt the activities to another theme too)
Make sure you’re following us on Facebook to find out what amazing prize we are giving away this week for STEM week!!
Here’s some further info and instructions for some of the activities above:
- How to make a pretend Volcano- video and instructions – This is a really fun and easy activity to do with the kids. Have a read to find out what you’ll need to make them and how to do it safely.
How to Make a Toy Parachute- Video and Instructions
Here are some other STEM Activities that I’ve filmed
Other STEM Based activities you could try:
- Rainbow Science– Kids will LOVE this. So beautiful and yet easy to set up.
- Car Park Maths– Fun activity to help with either number recognition or addition and subtraction through play.
- Rain Collection Experiment– Easy outdoor investigation for kids.
- Home Made Lava lamps! Perhaps my favourite activity of all time!!
- Taking fingerprints and solving crimes– really fun detective themed activity that’s surprisingly simple to set up.
- Chocolate Powder Craters– Exciting chocolate based science investigation!
- Kale Dye Experiment- Very easy to set up with either celery or kale.
- Construct a bird feeder/house– Fun technology based activity.
- Marbled Paint Planets– Science based craft activity
- Plastic Space Rocket – Exciting STEM based craft activity.
If you’re looking for books for STEM, here’s our favourites
I’ve also got a book out with lots of ideas! Have a look here
All of this is free, but if you fancy saying thank you with a virtual cup of coffee you can do so here.