We are loving children’s Christmas crafts on The SEN Resources Blog.
Here’s how to make a Paper Plate Santa. Again it’s a fun craft that young kids can actually do themselves!
What do you need?
- Paper plates
- Pva glue
- Red and white felt or card
- Pom Poms
- Felt tips
How do you make them?
- Cut out a piece of red felt the size of half the paper plate. Glue it on.
- Draw Santa’s face on the bottom half, leaving space for the all important beard!
- Cut a triangular piece of felt out and stick onto the hat and add a Pom Pom to make the rest of the hat
- Glue white Pom Poms onto the bottom of the face for the beard
- If keen, you could also create the body using felt and another paper plate glued on
What can children learn/ develop from this activity?
- Hand eye coordination– Sticking and gluing in the correct places
- Fine motor skills– picking up and positioning felt and Pom Poms and also drawing the face
- Understanding of Christmas